Saturday, March 27, 2010

This week, I read and finished two books--which is probably a record for me. Kimberlie brought them from home during Spring Break.

The first one I read, Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater, was one I was wanting to read for a little while now, but it has way too many hold requests at the library. I read another book by her, The Faerie Queene's Lament, back in February. I enjoyed both stories, but I felt her writing had improved in Shiver. She was able to weave more real descriptions and her characters felt more authentic--there was a different depth in the writing. At the end of both books, I wanted just a little bit more--maybe another scene. Since the conflict was resolved. But I think that just shows that I enjoyed the story.

The other book was I read was, Hush Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick. This had an exciting plot where a lot of it, I wasn't sure what was going on behind scenes--kind of like a mystery. But at the end, it all came together. The main character was strong and so were the supporting ones--likeable, even though they were flawed. Since I'm religious, I found some of the things the author used to create her world somewhat questionable. But for her story, it was believable.

So those are the two books I read this week. I also finished reading my own book--going to start revising them soon. My little sisters are reading them while they're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment