Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Writing and Reading Goals

So it's been awhile since I last posted. I've started reading quite a few books in that time (Huckleberry Finn; the Scarlet Pimpernel; Moby Dick; Sherlock Holmes; The Hunger Games; Jane Eyre; Mistborn...) All of which are excellent reads, I'm sure. I blame no one but myself and my goal to finish Prism. But we all know reading helps our writing. So...I have to read and finish a book. Soon. I checked out Mistborn for a second time, and it is now a day late. Oops.

I think I'll finish the Hunger Games first since I now have to take Mistborn back. And put a hold request on it again. Anyone know how much they charge for a late fee?

I have seen a lot of good movies.

Toy Story 3 (loved it!); Tangled (again--excellent; loved the lantern scene and Flynn is funny and so is the horse); Harry Potter #7 Part 1 (disturbing at times but it's Harry Potter #7 and Voldemort is cruel and evil; plus Ron is still my favorite); Voyage of the Dawn Treader (even with the story change (maybe because of the change), I loved it--it's Narnia); Tron (had a great discussion with Jordan about Prometheus and Satan afterwards); and Gulliver's Travels (funny, despite the potty humor, and a fun twist to the classic tale).

And last night, I used the pastels and paper I got for Christmas to draw a picture. I'll post it sometime. Maybe.

So...my goals for the rest of the year:
At least one book read each month.
Prism finished by April 7, 2011.
Wings finished (and hopefully edited) by July 4, 2011.
Run a 5 k July 4, 2011 (Yay for being physically active! Woot!)
Visiting Teaching--100 %.

Can it be done?
I'll update this blog from time to time and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment