Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Torn


For the last few months I have been working on a revision outline for one of my stories. To do this, I have analyze character arch development and reviewed the plot, using ideas I found in a book about writing. This has been a fun exercise.  In doing so, I've tried to keep the same story, but design plans to develop better characters and a more moving plot. Now that I have completed a new outline of the story, however, I have spent some time trying to revise the beginning. Now I am wondering if I should just free write the new version of the story and then go back and revise. The problem is that I still want to use the old material and I find myself editing it instead. Also, I wonder if I am still emotionally invested with the story or if I am just trying to finish it. That's whee my writing stands, although not much has happened the last two weeks because my sister graduated and my other sister got married, and life keeps happening! Well, of course it does. 

With all the other projects I have right now, I think that if I want to keep writing, I need to set a time again each day to do so.  Once I have a goal, I will write about it.  Until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment