Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Planet 51

On Monday, Catherine and I went to see Planet 51 at the dollar theatre. The first showing that we wanted to see was already sold out by the time we made it to the ticket booth. So we saw one later instead. Getting inside just in time for previews, I was worried at first we wouldn't even be able to find a seat. I think the fact that it was a holiday contributed to the chaos. But, we found two open seats. The previews were old but the movie was very fun. The setting is an alien planet where Star Wars meets the Fifties. The natives are going through a phase where they fear attack by the Humaniacs, so that when a human actually lands on their planet, everything goes crazy. Although, there were a few things in the movie that left me a little shocked--little lizard getting crushed just one example; brains getting removed--it was filled with fun characters who had different personalities and lovable for different reasons. When I first saw previews, I wasn't planning to see it. But it was worth the holiday trip to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment